The combination "health and tourism" is an attractive formula that is receiving increasing interest from the world, as rest and physical well being are becoming paramount to combat the problems of busy urban life styles.
Spa with their environmental characteristics
are not only place for improving physical health, but are
also ideal for fighting the tiredness of daily activities
using holistic concepts that lessen the effects of stress,
age and environment. Spas seek to rediscover natural products
that have given centuries of benefit, and aim to reintroduce
them to today's health conscious consumer.
The benefits derived from the thermal/marine water therapy, aroma therapy and herbal therapy are immense, these all induce strees reduction and relief from muscle tension. Combined they are knows to be cures for joint disorders, they assist in detoxifying and exfoliating the skin and even re-mineralizing deficient skin cells. In Bali, many of the plant extracts used in the therapies are made from locally sourced flowers, roots, and barks such as : Jepun (frangipani), Jahe (ginger) Cendana (sandal wood), Kelapa (coconut), and even Bali Kopi (Balinese coffee grains).
Many spas prepare their own essential oils using age old methods and recipes handed down through generations of beauty therapists such as :
- Green Garden Spa in Kuta, a treatment prices include complimentary use of the jacuzzi, steam rooms, swimming pool, lounges, and shuttle transfers in the Kuta, Legian, Jimbaran and Sanur areas.
- Hard Rock Spa in Kuta, offering stereo massages combining traditional techniques with modern products.
- Jempiring Spa at White Rose Hotel, the perfect combination of healing herbal properties and professional therapeutic services. The Jempiring Spa features a lounge area, sauna, and 6 treatment rooms, as well as, the luxuriously appointed Spa Villa, design with classical Balinese wood furnishings.
- Bali Thalasso Spa at The Ritz Carlton Jimbaran proudly presents a totally holistic experience, refreshing organic facials, toning or firming body and beauty treatments and therapeutic massage techniques from around the world. Renew with thalasso therapy, featuring the healing elements of mineral rich seawater and seaweed.
- Ibah Spa in Ubud offers the unique Mandara two therapist massage, that combines 5 different massage styles. The Spa visitor is surrounded by rich wood and billowing curtains, total luxury, and can really relax in the knowledge that quality of service is guaranteed.
- Nirwana Spa situated in the superb 100 hectare park that is Le Meridien Nirwana Golf & Spa Resort. This spa offers the guest a complete experience from modern hydrotherapy treatments to traditional Balinese treatments (boreh, spice scrub, masks).